Warninks, the UK’s number one Advocaat, best known as the hero ingredient in the Snowball cocktail, returns for the festive period with new twists to its famous serve.
As part of this year’s Warninks Christmas campaign, the brand has partnered with UK bartenders to show that the Snowball (advocaat, lemonade and lime) is perfectly suited to every Christmas occasion – whether it’s celebrating with friends at a yuletide party, enjoying a quiet drink during the pre-Christmas prep, or the start to a family festive feast.
The new takes on the Snowball, to be enjoyed at home, are as follows:
THE SNOWBALL TO GET INTO THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT
Enjoy whilst decorating the tree or wrapping gifts with your favourite Christmas song playing in the background
1. Shake 100ml of Warninks Advocaat and 50ml freshly squeezed lime juice or cordial together with ice, strain into a glass jar and top up with lemonade or soda and some cubed ice.
2. Decorate with a cinnamon stick tied with string or ribbon to the side of a glass mug or jam jar and finish with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.
THE SNOWBALL FOR PARTY LOVERS
Serve this decadent chocolate twist at your glamorous festive get-together
1. Moisten the rim of a wine glass and roll on a plate of chocolate powder until covered.
2. Shake 50ml of Warninks Advocaat and 25ml freshly squeezed lime juice or cordial together with ice, strain into the glass and top up with lemonade or soda.
3. Garnish with dark chocolate shavings.
THE SNOWBALL FOR WINTER NIGHTS IN
Enjoy warming cinnamon and star anise whilst watching movies by the fire or as an aperitif at a Christmas dinner party
1. Shake 50ml of Warninks Advocaat and 25ml of freshly squeezed lime juice or cordial together with ice, strain into a coupe or martini glass and top up with lemonade or soda.
2. Delicately float a scroll of cinnamon bark and a whole star anise on top and finish with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
THE SNOWBALL FOR THOSE WITH A SWEET TOOTH
Enjoy with a slice of Christmas cake
1. Shake 50ml Warninks Advocaat and 25ml freshly squeezed lime juice or cordial together with ice, strain into a glass mug and top up with lemonade or soda and some cubed ice.
2. Garnish with a gingersnap and lightly toasted mini marshmallows.
According to Matthijs Wilhelmus, Global Marketing Manager, Warninks, “Without Warninks, it just wouldn’t be Christmas. With more people experimenting at home with cocktails and looking for stylish drinks to serve over the festive period, we thought it was the perfect time show that there are more ways to enjoy the Snowball than with a glacé cherry on top.
“With only three key ingredients, the Warninks Snowball is quick and easy to make, and with some simple yet stylish garnishes, looks and tastes great. We hope these new twists on a popular drink loved for generations will inspire more people to try Warninks Advocaat this season.”
The Warninks Christmas campaign will run from 1st – 24th December and will be supported by OOH activity, a radio campaign on Heart and Smooth, as well as PR. Warninks branded Christmas jumpers will also be provided to on-trade and off-trade customers.
Warninks is available in Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Asda, Morrison’s, Waitrose, and any good convenience stores at an RRP of £11.00 for a 70cl.