join HENDRICK’S library of delightfully PECULIAR writings FOR UNUSUAL BOOK-WORMING SHENANIGANS AT BRIGHton FRINGE
The delightfully peculiar HENDRICK’S Library – a remarkable haven stuffed full of objects of unusual history and function – will be taking residence at Brighton Fringe (17th – 27th May). A program crammed with informative and agreeable events throughout the week will both bewilder and charm visitors to the library.
· Stuffing Peter Rabbit: Taxidermy is the art of making that which is dead appear to be very much alive. Lee Paton, celebrated taxidermist for one day only will tell the tale of Peter Rabbit, bringing one very dead rabbit back to life, happily ever after. A most delightful tale will prevail in a celebration of Hendrick’s libations. Saturday 19th May, 3-4pm (Tickets £10 – limited to 75 per session)
· A Literary Feast:At night, the HENDRICK’S LIBRARY of DELIGHTFULLY PECULIAR WRITINGS turns into a marvellouslyrevered dining chamber . Renowned gastronomic architects Bompas & Parr host a delightfully peculiar dining extravaganza a most majestic setting. Four literary-themed courses, all with matching HENDRICK’S cocktails. Expect delightfully peculiar ingredients presented in a most curious fashion, culminating with an explosive dessert. 23rd May, 7 – 11pm (Tickets £50 – limited to 50 for the evening)
- The Quintessential Anthology of Gin…and HENDRICK’S in Particular: Hosted by HENDRICK’S minister for unusualness. Gin has come far from the days of Hogarth. This rare opportunity to taste the constituent distillates of the award winning HENDRICK’S GIN will surprise and delight novices & aficionados alike. Monday 21st, Thursday 24th May 2-4pm (Tickets £9 – limited to twenty per session)
- A Genteel Tipple through Gin in Literature:Hosted by David Piper, Gin has fuelled many legendary writers, unforgettable characters and gripping plots. Come and enjoy some especially enlightening extracts and sample specially mixed HENDRICK’S cocktails. All drinks included. Thursday 17th, Sunday 20th, Saturday 26th May 6-7pm (Tickets £9, a ticket inc. drinks – limited to seventy five per session)
- Delightfully Peculiar Writings Rewarded!: All visitors to the Hendrick’s Library throughout the Brighton Fringe Festival will be invited to contribute a most peculiar libation-inspired story to Hendrick’s ever evolving collection of curious literary tales. These unusual minds will be rewarded for theirendeavourswith delightful HENDRICK’s tipples. 17th – 27th May, from 12-11pm (free to all, for full program timings visitwww.brightonfestivalfringe.org.uk )
Commenting on HENDRICK’S at Brighton Fringe Festival, David Piper, HENDRICK’S Commander of Special Operations, said: “Festival goers with a penchant for delightfully peculiar book-worming shenanigans are sure to have their thirsts whetted when they visit HENDRICK’S Library of Delightfully Peculiar Writings at Brighton Fringe Festival.From literature salons with leading authors conducting readings to an ‘Authors’ Den’ for budding novelists to pitch their book ideas and literary-inspired dining experiences from gastronomic architects Bompas & Parr to ‘Gin in Literature’ tastings, the HENDRICK’S Library is sure to amaze, entertain and bewilder in equal measure.”
HENDRICK’S LIBRARY OF DELIGHTFULLY PECULIAR WRITINGS will be located at Brighton Fringe Festival, Jubilee Square, BN1 1GE, from 17th– 27th May.