Hendrick’s Gin invites you to invigorate your senses and defrost your fingertips during the season of good cheer, with a plethora of delightfully delectable tipples. As Christmas draws ever closer, Hendrick’s encourages those of a curious nature to step away from the humdrum of the ordinary festive libation and experience the true taste of Christmas with this array of charming cocktails.
As the nights grow longer, surprise and delight your friends with the Hendrick’s Purl Punch, a cloudy, refreshing delight with a mysterious kick of cloves and cinnamon created by the clever chums at Purl London. Or sample one of the curious concoctions from Hendrick’s British Ambassador, Duncan McRae. The sweetly citrus Festive Spagliato, made with a dash of Vermouth and sparkling Shiraz wine or the Yuletide Flip, an intriguing twist on a Christmas classic, combining gentle spices with sweet Vanilla Liqueur and Madeira wine.
So, this Christmas, nourish souls and invigorate the tastebuds of your nearest and dearest with a delightful Hendrick’s Gin cocktail.
HENDRICK’S PURL PUNCH
Ingredients (for 6 people):
- 150ml Hendrick’s Gin
- 1 litre of good quality hoppy ale
- 200ml cloudy apple juice
- 5 slices of satsuma
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 90g sugar
- 2 cloves
- 1 dessert spoon honey
- 2 large splashes of Angostura Bitters
- 1 whole star anise
- Heat ingredients in a pan. Simmer for 20 minutes and serve with satsuma slices and a stick of cinnamon to garnish. Sounds spiffy no?
- 30ml Hendrick’s Gin
- 30ml Sweet vermouth
- 30ml Campari
- 40ml Sparkling Shiraz Wine
- Build in an ice-filled hi ball glass and stir. Garnish with an orange slice.
HENDRICK’S YULETIDE FLIP
- 60ml Hendrick’s Gin
- 1 whole Egg
- 15ml Spiced Syrup (or fresh spices)
- 10ml Madeira Wine
- 10ml Vanilla Liqueur
- Shake all ingredients really quite hard without ice,
- and then again with ice in the shaker. Strain into a wine glass and grate nutmeg on top.