Disaronno has announced its finalists for the 2015 Mixing Star competition. This year’s top ten line up of bartenders have created some exceptionally impressive recipes which will be served up at the London final at Nightjar on 1st June. The finalists are confirmed as:
- Simone Rossi – Aqua (London)
- Giacomo Di Matteo – The Groucho Club (London)
- Federico Pavan – Salvatore at Playboy (London)
- Federico Gisbert Johnson – Hawksmoor Guildhall (London)
- James Bowker – The Edgbaston Boutique Hotel and Cocktail Lounge (Birmingham)
- William Wilson – Palm Sugar Lounge (Leeds)
- Joe Macbeth – Rub Smokehouse & Bar (Nottingham)
- Joe Nelson – Amicus Apple (Aberdeen)
- Stephen Rutherford – Orchid (Aberdeen)
- Ehren Khoo-Steel – The Blind Pig (Jersey)
The 10 finalists will battle it out for the Mixing Star title and the top prize – an all-expenses paid trip to the world’s premier drinks festival, Tales of the Cocktail. The competition will be a two-part process, involving peer judging as well as bartenders taking the stage one-by-one to showcase their serve.
The 2015 finalists were selected by Disaronno Mixing Star judging panel; UK brand ambassador Rod Eslamieh, The Artesian’s Simone Caporale, Gary Sharpen of The Cocktail Lovers and 2014 Mixing Star finalist, Adrian Gomes.