CUTTY CARGO ARRIVES IN LONDON TO CELEBRATE CREATIVITY IN THE CITY
The best creative talent from the capital brought together for one night to encourage people to discover more in their city
** JESSIE WARE * DUKE DUMONT * MEAT LIQUOR * 69 COLEBROOKE ROW * MISS POLLY RAE * TOM OXLEY * IT’S NICE THAT * SHANTY THEATRE COMPANY * FLAT-E
Cutty Sark blended Scotch whisky today launches Cutty Cargo – a tour of the world’s major cities including London, New York and a city in Spain yet to be revealed, to discover some of the best home-grown creative culture and talents.
First stop is London on Thursday September 12 2013, where the hottest talent from across the city will be brought together in one place for one night, inside a giant reproduction of a wooden cargo crate, used to smuggle Cutty Sark whisky into America 90 years ago.
Singing sensation Jessie Ware will join London’s finest from across food, art, design and photography as part of an evening designed to inspire people to discover more. Jessie Ware comments: “London is my city. It constantly surprises and gives me pride to be a Londoner. There is always something new and exciting popping up, whether it be a new culinary / pop up restaurant venture, a new night in some hidden gem that you may have passed many times before, or an emerging artist in any of our brilliant galleries, or even on the streets; London always surprises me. There is always something to inspire around every street corner and that’s why I’m so excited to be part of the Cutty Cargo event, people can expect to experience the best sounds and sights of the city all in one place.”
Performances taking place inside the Cutty Cargo crate include:
· – South London born soulful songstress and Mercury Music Prize nominee, Jessie Ware. Jessie will return to her London roots as she headlines Cutty Cargo, singing tracks from her outstanding debut album Devotion.
· – London based DJ and producer Duke Dumont. The man behind the popular house hit Need You (100%) will be dominating the dance floor with a high-energy set.
· – Pioneers of the current London restaurant scene, MEAT Liquor and creator and star chef, Yianni Papoutsis will be serving up their famed burgers. The hottest restaurant in central London will be in attendance giving people a diner-style treat, which is hugely popular among the capital’s foodies and celebrities.
· – London’s hottest cocktail bar, situated in north London, 69 Colebrooke Row, will be creating Cutty Sark bespoke 1920s inspired cocktails in the secret Speakeasy in the Cutty Cargo crate venue. The UK’s pioneering drinks creator Tony Conigliaro, founder of the bar, has developed the cocktails, using the latest Cutty Sark blended Scotch whisky ‘Prohibition Edition’ including –
Cutty Sark Liquorice Whisky Sour:
50ml Cutty Sark
25ml lemon juice
25ml egg white
15ml liquorice syrup
3 dashes of angostura bitters
Garnished with liquorice powder
· -Performances will take place from Burlesque sensation Miss Polly Rae, best known as the star and creator of West End and international burlesque cabaret extravaganza ‘The Hurly Burly Show™’.
· – London based international music photographer Tom Oxley will be showcasing his groundbreaking exhibition of moving video portraits of prolific musicians. Each moving portrait is accompanied by a music track chosen by that artist. The exhibition will allow the audience to get up close and personal with influential artists including Liam Gallagher, Jake Bugg and Azealia Banks.
· – Art lovers can marvel upon an installation of mini Cutty Sark cratesthat have been customised by a collective of up and coming artists recommended by ‘It’s Nice That’, a leading online blog magazine dedicated to modern design.
· – The Shanty Theatre Company, a group of famed storytellers who are regulars on the London theatre scene, will take the audience on a fantastical journey as they perform a bold, love tale laced with iconic images. Mysterious twists will dazzle the audience as well as immersing them as theplot unravels.
· – Flat-e, a London based design studio, will be utilising the latest developments in technology and realtime programming as part of their immersive light installation. Their design will stretch across the roof of the wooden cargocrate creating a unique visual display unifying the creative space.
To find out more about the Cutty Cargo London event and how to attend visit https://www.facebook.com/CuttySarkWhisky